|Object Name||Clipping, Magazine|
|Collection||Elsworth Brown Collection|
The item is a page which someone tore out of the January, 1954, edition of The Tennessee Conservationist magazine. The page of interest is Page 18 in the magazine, which is an article with the headline, "Block House Guarded Jackson's Supply Line." The "block house" was Fort Marr, and the article detailed its history from the original construction in 1815 in what is now the town of Old Fort, Tennessee, to its relocation in 1924 to the grounds of Polk County High school in Benton, Tennessee.
The reverse side, Page 17, has a portion of an article on chemical analysis of radioactive elements.
|Dates of Creation||January 1954|
|Extent of Description||11.25" x 8.50"|
|Title||The Tennessee Conservationist (magazine)|