|Object Name||Image, Digital|
Digitized envelope is from the Hotel Key. In the top left hand corner of the envelope it has the logo for the hotel. The hotel's logo is a scroll with a key in the middle, and it advertises itself as "Chattanooga's newest 100% air cooled" hotel.
Hotel Key was located on the Keystone Block. The original four story building, built in 1887, was razed when Cherry Street was widened in February 1930. Sarah Key Patten built a new seven story, 32,000 square foot, hotel in its place. The bottom was floor was occupied by M.B. Eaves & Brothers foodstore. The architects were Louis Bull and Norbert G. Monning. The hotel's name was changed in 1965 to the Town House. The squared apex of the building was replaced with a rounded, glass elevator shaft around that time.