A menu from the Luncheonette at Miller Brothers Co., with insert dated January 10, 1952. The 4-story store at 629 Market Street had two snack bars and a Tea Room. On September 17, 1987, the building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The store closed in 1987 and sold to Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN which used the building as their offices. In 2011 it was sold to the engineering firm of Mesa Associates.
a) The cover in gray: at the top is written "Menu," at mid-page "Good food is good health..." and at bottom of cover, Miller Bros. Co. Luncheonette. The menu includes fountain and milk drinks, ice cream dishes, sandwiches, cold plates and salads, the highest priced item being 65 cents.
b) The daily specials shown in this insert cost no more than 65 cents. A piece of strawberry shortcake cost 25 cents.
|Extent of Description||
a) 9.00" x 5.50"
b) 8.50" x 5.00"