|Object Name||Image, Digital|
Digitized envelope is from D.B. Loveman & Company in Chattanooga. This company began in 1875 by brothers David and Herman Loveman, originally a dry goods store. Their building was destroyed by a fire in December of 1890. DEspite bankruptcy, they rebuilt a much larger building in 1891 on the same site and it was a successful department store until they sold it to Profitt's in 1988.
On the left hand side of the envelope, there is an image of the Loveman building and the postmark on the envelope in May 1, 1894.
|Dates of Creation||May 1, 1894|