Items from the Ellis Restaurant, founded in 1909, moved to 1443 Market Street in the 1930s. The restaurant closed in 1979. Their art-deco sign of jumping frogs was a favorite of locals and is currently [as of 2015] being restored.
a) Menu front cover dark green with "MENU" in yellow on coral rectangular background. No indication of menu being from Ellis Restaurant but is written in ink on top of inside first page. Items included indicates this as menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner meals.
b) Paper coaster with picture of US outline, with drawing of Ellis Restaurant in center. Printed: "The Ellis Restaurant, Chattanooga, Tenn. The Symbol of Good Food."
c,d) Toothpick paper holders with "Ellis Restaurant Chattanooga, Tenn." on one side; Hygeia Tooth-Pick Co. New York, U.S.A." on back side.
|Extent of Description||
a) 11.00" x 8.50" 2 page menu (folded - entire size 11.00" x 17.00")
b) 5.75" diameter
c,d) 3.25" x 0.50"