|Collection||Elsworth Brown Collection|
The item consists of some notes Elsworth Brown compiled regarding the history of the St. Elmo Baptist Church. His notes primarily came from a pamphlet distributed at the dedication of the St. Elmo Baptist Church on Sunday, December 30, 1945. The church originally began in 1866 on West 37th Street and moved to several locations in the St. Elmo area before settling at 45th Street and St. Elmo Avenue.
(a) is the typewritten version of the notes, which he dated January 23, 1963.
(b) is the handwritten (in pencil) version of the notes, which he dated January 18, 1963.
|Dates of Creation||1963|
|Extent of Description||
(a) 9.00" 8.50"
(b) 10.50" x 8.00"