Total of 3 pieces of company letterhead. The names of chief officers are printed in letters that measure 1/16 of an inch on the top of the page. "J.T. Lupton Pres.," "F.W. Lupton vice Pres. & Gen. Mgr.," "C.R. Avery Secy.," and "T.A. Lupton Treas."
The left top corner below the names shows what seems to be a lithograph illustration of the Thacher Medicine Company's manufacturing plant. A small train is visible in front of the building. Below the illustration are the words "Laboratories and General Offices Pierce and 16th Sts."
On the top right corner under the names are the words "Thacher Medicine Co." in large letters. Next, are the words, "Manufacturers of Stella-Vitae, Dr. Thacher's Liver & Blood Syrup, Dr. Thacher's Worm Syrup, Dr. Thacher's Diarrhoea Mixture, Dr. Thacher's Laxative Cough Syrup and Liniment., All are sold under the "Thacher" Guarantee. Chattanooga Tennessee."
At the very bottom of the page are the words " All goods shipped are straight sale, not consigned and can not be returned."
This stationary could not have been printed before 1910 when John Thomas Lupton first bought the company and appointed himself President. However it is likely a few years later given that when the company was first purchased J.T. Lupton appointed his nephew Frederick William Lupton as Secretary and Treasurer. At the time of this printing, T. A. Lupton was Secretary and Treasurer and Frederick had moved up to Vice President and General Manager. It was printed before 1924 when Harrison Durant bought the company, which would become part of the Allied Drug Company and appointed himself President.
|Extent of Description||
11.00" x 8.50"