Photo Record

Object Name Image, Digital
Catalog Number 2011.013.039
Collection Martha Smallwood Milligan Digital Collection
Description Digital scan of black and white photo from loaned photo album. The photo depicts the Southeastern Filling Station, presumably located around the downtown Chattanooga area. According to the 1924 city directory, this company had 6 filling stations in Chattanooga: corner of 6th and Broad Street; 216-218 Market Street; corner of Whiteside and Main Street; corner of Dodds Avenue and Main Street; corner of McCallie and Douglas; and corner of 6th and Georgia. It is not clear which location this one was, however, the streetlamps indicate the downtown area, and this one may be the Whiteside (Broad Street) and Main Streets location.
Date 1920 circa
Print size 9.50" x 8.00"
Accession number 2011.013