|Object Name||Transparency, Slide|
This slide is labeled " Founders Hall U.T.C.". The description is handwritten in blue ink. The printed date is March 1981 and the photographer is unknown. This building was built as part of the original University of Chattanooga in 1886 and was originally called "The Administration Building". The name was changed to "Founders Hall" in 1950. The University began as a Christian school affiliated with the Methodist Episcopal Church. The University underwent numerous mergers and changes before it became The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 1969.
There is a clock that is part of the front of the building,and a plaque that details the schools history on the side of the building.
This building currently houses the Chancellors office and other administrative offices..
|Print size||2.00" x 2.00"|