This slide is labeled "Hamilton County Jail, Walnut ST. Chattanooga Tenn." The handwritten description is written in black ink right beside the printed date, November 1967. The photographer is unknown. In the lower right corner of the image there is a police car and a police van from the time period. The building in the image is the historic Hamilton County Jail. It was located at 609 Walnut Street between 6th and 7th streets until 1976. The lot that the jail was built upon was purchased for 2,300 dollars and the structure was built in 1881 near the original Chattanooga Courthouse. The original courthouse caught fire and was destroyed in 1910. The original jail however remained. The jail is no longer at this site. This area is part of the parking area for the Unum Building at present.