Mounted photograph of the Tennessee Electric Power Company at the corner of Market and 6th Streets. The label on the back is stamped January 12, 1937 but the image is circa 1924. The Tennessee Electric Power Company (TEPCo.) was formed on May 27, 1922. It merged and absorbed multiple Tennessee power companies to create a power company that used primarily hydro-electric and steam generators. It served a majority of counties in Tennessee until TVA came along. See Search Terms for additional information.