Photograph, written on back of photo: "Corral, post." Credit Line: U.S. War Dept. General Staff. Photo No. 165-C-1064 in the National Archives. Not available on the National Archives website. This photograph shows the quartermaster's corral in Chattanooga during the Civil War. This would be the place where supplies were supplies for the troops were kept and then they would be distributed to the various units across the city by wagons, such as the one seen in the photograph. According to James A. Hoobler (see Related publications): "In order to care for horses and mules, the United States military authorities constructed large corrals in Chattanooga. The [one] shown here w[as] north of the rail line. [This] show[s] Academy Hill, the Confederates' Bragg Hospital complex, and the Masonic Girls' School." This is the Quartermaster's Corral.