|Object Name||Transparency, Slide|
This slide is labeled "Pioneer Bank Branch Dayton Blvd. Red Bank, TN". The description is handwritten in blue ink. The photographer is unknown.
This is presently the Regions Bank Building located at 3401 Dayton Boulevard Red Bank Tennessee 37405.
The "Pioneer Bank" company began in Virginia around 1910 and came to the Chattanooga area around 1916. The first office was located at 120 West Eighth Street and employed only 3 people. The business was successful and grew stably for many years in Chattanooga. Records published by the company in 1962 with the help of J.P. Brown and Penelope J. Allen stated that in 1921 the company moved to a larger building on Cherry Street, and in 1932 even during the depression the company was vital enough to have to relocate to what was then the "Provident" Building, which is presently the "McClellan Building". Gradually the company grew to need more and more space from the "Provident Building" and kept expanding in the building for about 30 more years.
In July 1945 the first outlying brach office was opened at the corner of Main and Market Streets, by 1951 another branch opened on Eleventh Street. In 1953 an office opened in East Brainerd, one in East Ridge 1954 and the North River Branch opened 1955.
The Branch pictured here had not opened by the time the records were published in 1962 so it was likely built around the time that the picture was taken.
Pioneer Bank was bought By American Savings and Loan Bank in 1997 which combined with Amsouth / Regions bank in 2006.
|Print size||2.00" x 2.00"|