Digitized negative of an aerial showing Peerless Woolen Mills in Rossville, Georgia, showing McFarland Avenue, Rossville Boulevard, and the surrounding area. In the background behind the employee parking lot with the water tower, there appears to be a baseball field that was used for the company's own baseball team (they also had a basketball team). Peerless Woolen Mills opened in 1905. During World War II, they were the prime manufacturer of blankets for the Army and Navy, as well as pea coats for the Navy. They had 3,000 employees in the 1950s. The company merged with Burlington Industries in 1952. In 1967, the mill had a huge fire that burned for 3 days and destroyed much of the mill, and although there were no fatalities, the mill and local Rossville economy were hurt. The facility was reborn as Rossville Yarns until 2000.