This slide is an image of the Swaney home on the southwest corner of East Fourth and High Streets in Chattanooga, Tennessee; it was the residence of Judge William Bentley Swaney and his wife. Judge Swaney was an attorney and the Dean of the Chattanooga College of Law. For a time it was the home of Mr. and Mrs. Francis Marion Walker. Mr. Walker attained the rank of Brigadier General in the Confederate Army and he died during the war at Atlanta. Mrs. Walker stayed in the home for a period until she moved to Rogersville, TN. The home was then used by both the Confederacy and the Union as a hospital, at different times of course. The first Swaney to live in the home was in 1887. The slide is labeled "Swainey House 4th & High Sts. Chattanooga Tenn."