|Object Name||Image, Digital|
|Collection||The Chattanooga Venture Collection|
Photographs and 35mm negatives were found in "Box 2, Photos, Chattanooga Venture Projects, late 1980s"; in the third folder labeled "Warner Park study," in a subfolder labeled "Warner Park study committee on tour."
Warner Park is located between 3rd Street, Holtzclaw Avenue and McCallie Avenue. It is a 53 acre urban park and contains the Chattanooga zoo along with other recreational facilities like tennis courts, ball fields, and hiking trails. In 1937 a permanent zoo was established in Warner Park. In 1989 there was a suggested plan to transform the zoo into a state of the art complex encompassing all 53 acres of Warner Park. The plan turned out to be incredibly overzealous and too expensive and they were unable to come up with funds for the new zoo. In 1993 a more practical plan was implemented for a more realistic expansion and enhancement of the exhibits and education programs for the community.
b-w) 35mm negatives.