|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Photograph - Miss Duval's class, October 19, 1908, children dressed-up with a teacher. On cardboard backing is a listing of the children (however, half of the names are cut off). Posed on steps, porch and tree behind them. The children are outside, standing on the brick walkway, grass and porch steps of a wooden building. Church visible in background. Print is attached to cardboard backing.
History: Senter School started as the French and English School in 1892 at Fifth and High streets and was run by the Duval's. In 1920 it became the Greeta Wert School. In 1946, Miss Margaret Wilson took over its operation and renamed it the Margaret Wilson School. Around 1965 it became the Senter School, and in 1967 the school announced plans to move to the former mansion of hotel proprietor Sam Read at 900 Vine Street in Fort Wood. The school moved to Main Street and Holtzclaw Avenue in 1984. The school closed in 2007 due to low enrollment.
|Print size||6.00" x 8.25"|
|Lexicon category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Lexicon sub-category||Documentary Artifact|