Digitized photograph (reproduction) of a trolley car in Chattanooga, number 131. There is a sign in one of the front windows that shows the car runs to North Chattanooga. On the side of the car, the logo for the Tennessee Electric Power Company is visible. This company operated street railways in Nashville and Chattanooga. Newer trolleys required electric power, which in Chattanooga, for example, created many companies and later monopolies: the Electric Light Company, Chattanooga Electric Railway Company, and Chattanooga Rapid Transit Company evolved inevitably into a local monopoly, the Chattanooga Railway and Light Company. This, in turn, would ultimately become the statewide monopoly known as TEPCO, the Tennessee Electric Power Company. This particular type of car, likely built by the St. Paul Noiseless Street Car Company in 1926 for TEPCO, was used until 1947 when electric trolley service was discontinued. Circa 1940.