|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Collection||Foundry photograph collection|
Black and drawing of late 1800s Wheland Foundry group staff photo, mounted. The third man in the front row, holding the dog, is Mr. J.H. Street, father of Gordon P. Street. J.H. Street started as an apprentice in 1883 and learned his trade as a machinist. The building shown in the photograph is the side of the machine shop located on the main Wheland site, between the main office and the stock room.
Sizing details are scribbled on the back in lead, along with "1883 or 1884 Machine Shop." These are presumably foundry workers from the Wheland foundry around ten years after it relocated to Chattanooga from Athens in 1873.
|Print size||8.00" x 10.00"|
|Lexicon category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Lexicon sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
|Related Publications||This image is located on page 10 of 2007.146.035, the "Wheland Facts for Wheland People" pamphlet.|