|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Mounted photograph of a drawing of the first location of the American Trust and Banking Company at the corner of Broad and 8th Streets, the Milton Building, circa 1912. This photograph has white outlines which may indicate that it was used for printed materials.
This building was later occupied by McIsaac's according to the label on the back. "From 1928 to 1945, the address was often called McIsaac’s Corner, a small lunch counter and confectionery run by George D. McIsaac. In an April 6, 1978 interview with Alan Murray in the Chattanooga Times, Mr. McIsaac recalled that “A sandwich was ten cents, a Coke a nickel, coffee a nickel, sweet milk was nickel.” McIsaac’s also sold sandwiches, chili, and homemade soup to downtown shoppers and professional people, such as attorneys in the nearby James Building." Source: The Chattanoogan.
|Print size||19.00" x 15.00"|
Image appears in the photograph section of "Building to Last: The Story of the American National Bank and Trust Company," by John Longwith.