|Object Name||Transparency, Slide|
This slide is labeled "detail: R.H. Hunt City Hall Chattanooga 1908". The description is handwritten in blue ink. The photographer is unknown. The printed date on the slide is March 1981.
This building is known as the Chattanooga City Hall or Municipal Building. The address of the building is 101 East Eleventh Street Chattanooga Tennessee. Construction was completed in 1908. The Architect supervising was R. H. Hunt. The primary building material used in construction of this building was Bedford Limestone from Indiana. Both Chattanooga government buildings, City Hall and The Hamilton County Courthouse were constructed of the same stone. Before 1890 it would have been near impossible to transport such stone from Indiana to Tennessee , however with the prevalence of the Rail Road in the 1890's Bedford Limestone became available and popular in the area. The steps are built of locally quarried Stone Mountain Granite and the interior walls are decorated with Tennessee pink marble from Knoxville.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic places in 1980.
|Print size||2.00" x 2.00"|