Photographic image of an unidentified man at the Flyer's Club at Lovell Field, Chattanooga TN. The airplane has the logo Hartzell which indicates the type of propellers. The company, Hartzell Walnut Propeller Company, began making aluminum propellers in 1948 and developed the first full-feathering propellers for a light twin-engine aircraft in the 1950s. These were used in the Aero Commander, the Piper Apache, the Cessna 310 and the Beech Twin Bonanza. The plane in this image appears to be a Cessna 310. Circa 1955. The Chattanooga Flyers Club history: Harry Porter performed air shows every Sunday and gave plane rides. Soon people began asking for flying lessons. That turned into Porter Flight Service. In 1938 the State Bureau of Aeronautics started a free flight instruction program with Porter as its pilot. The program was a boost to general aviation in every major Tennessee city. That same year the Chattanooga Flyers Club was started and became responsible for creating several flying schools.