|Object Name||Transparency, Slide|
This slide is labeled "Chapel McCallie School, McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga Tenn." The description is handwritten in black ink on top of the printed date, November 1967.
McCallie School was founded in 1905 by the brothers Dr. James Park McCallie and Spencer J. McCallie. The brothers started the school with the support of their father Reverend Thomas Hooke McCallie. The Presbyterian donated 40 acres of the families farm and 2000 dollars to facilitate the opening of the school. The school grew and changed dramatically over the years but it still honors its Christian beginning. The Chapel in this image was built in 1955 as a monument to its roots. The school still has a strong Christian emphasis but is not affiliated with any church. It welcomes students from all religions.
|Print size||2.00" x 2.00"|