|Object Name||Image, Digital|
|Collection||Martha Smallwood Milligan Digital Collection|
Digital scan of black and white photo from loaned photo album. The photo depicts a finished building overlooking the Tennessee River from the bluff from where the Hunter Museum of American Art is today, circa 1904. It was likely built by L.C. Smallwood Contracting Company. This was part of the Hunter Mansion, probably a carriage house or servants' quarters, removed during renovation. One facebook member recalled using this area as backgrounds for location photography shoots.
The old Gardenhire family home is in the background on the right. It was located near the old Riverside High School. The family owned lots of property on the riverfront including the property used by the Tennessee American Water Company.
|Print size||9.50" x 8.00"|