|Object Name||Image, Digital|
|Collection||Roy Tuley Digital Collection|
Digitized negative of downtown looking north on Market Street. Image was taken near Market Street and 11th Street, possibly from the Hotel Patten. The Rogers Theater's sign reveals the grand opening and the film, "Three Guys Named Mike." The Rogers Theater opened on March 2, 1951. Other visible business: Farley Studios on right, Read House on left, Edmondson School of Business, Krystal, Stein's, Burt's, Hamilton National Bank, Koblentz. Trolley tracks in center of street have been removed or paved over. Image taken by Roy Tuley.
This image is also featured on Deepzoomchattanooga.com.