|Object Name||Image, Digital|
a) Digitized photograph of trolley cars parked on tracks next to the car barns that were located between Market and Broad Streets near 2nd and 3rd Streets. Circa 1940. On the back of the photo is written: "Tennessee Electric Power Co. Chattanooga, Tenn." There is the number 369 written on the back, likely the trolley car's number. Also on the back the name George Yater is stamped. The image shows trolley cars for the Vance line and the Boyce line. The 369 may have been built by the Georgia Railway & Electric Railway Company which operated in Atlanta, but that line of cars came to Chattanooga in the 1930s and operated until the discontinuation of the trolley system in the late 1940s.
b) Digitized photograph, slightly different angle than a), of trolley cars parked and not being used. On the back: "Tennessee Electric Power Co. Chattanooga, Tenn" and number 139, assumed to be the number of the trolley car. The name George Yater is also stamped on the back of this photo.