|Object Name||Image, Digital|
|Collection||Dan Alderman Digital Collection|
Digitized postcard with various scenes around the Alexian Brothers resort. The resort itself, the chapel, the study hall, and some natural scenery are all exhibited. The resort, previously known as the Signal Mountain Inn/Hotel, was purchased by the Alexian Brothers in 1936 from C. E. James, and it became a convalescent home for boys and men, until 1979 when it became Alexian Village retirement facility.
Postmarked April 8, 1942, and sent to Mr. & Mrs. William J. Fritz from John in Chattanooga. Additionally, a stamp over the postage stamp encourages readers to buy war bonds. The note written reads as follows: "arrived here in the a.m. but so far don't know much about Dad are going to see him some time this afternoon. John."