|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Collection||Chattanooga News-Free Press Collection|
Six black and white photographs related to the Siskin family, Siskin Hospital, and Operation Crossroads.
a) Photograph of Operation Crossroads and the 365 Club, the rehabilitation center for the physically disabled established in 1957 by Mose and Garrison Siskin (as the Siskin Memorial Foundation). The building, at 529 Oak Street is now Gordon Davenport Hall, which houses the physical therapy school at UTC. It is a light-colored brick building with intricate white latticework above the doorway. Built in 1959, remaining here until 1989 when it moved to Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation. Sold to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) in 1990. Dated on back December 1962.
b) Siskin Memorial Foundation Building located at 526 Vine Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee built by A. Mose and Garrison Siskin in 1950. Building housed museum, library and chapel. Expanded 1958. Foundation moves to Siskin Hospital for Physical Rehabilitation in 1989 and sells original building to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 1990. Dated on back December 1962.
c) Photograph of Mose and Garrison Siskin, dated December 11, 1959 on reverse. Photographer credited as Max Keister.
d) Cropped photograph of Mose and Garrison Siskin being presented with an award or recognition. Dated January 19, 1960 or 1962(?). Bob Sherrill credited as photographer on reverse.
e,f) Two photographs of the interior of a warehouse, which were paperclipped (discarded) to g), a piece of paper with typing (not scanned): "Siskin adds condensation controls in new warehouse." Undated.
a) 10.00" x 8.00"
b) 8.00" x 10.00"
c) 10.00" x 8.00"
d) 5.00" x 5.75"
e,f) 8.00" x 10.00"
g) 4.25" x 8.50"