|Object Name||Bottle, Medicine|
Thacher Medicine Co. medicine bottle containing a full bottle of liver pills and a cork in the top and its cardboard container.
a.) a rectangular, glass medicine bottle with original liver pills. The label "DR. H.S. THACHER'S LIVER PILLS CHATTANOOGA" is stamped along one side of the glass bottle. The paper label has been peeled off.
b). Cardboard packaging for "a". The package has print on all 4 sides of it:
side a-- Dr. THACHER'S IMPROVED LIVER PILLS Sugar Coated Price 25c.
side b-- They act on the Liver mildly and without griping or any sickness.
side c-- SOLE PROPRIETORS THACHER MEDICINE CO. CHATTANOOGA, TENN.
side d--They are an excellent medicine in a convenient form, for relieving Constipation, Sick Headache, Disordered Stomach, Biliousness. Full directions inside.
Dr. Thatcher started the Thacher Medicine Company in 1890 on the corner of 16th and Gulf streets in Chattanooga, TN. John Lupton bought the company in 1910 with plans to revitalize it. Then the company was shut down by the FDA in the 1930's.
a, 2 11/16in x 7/8in. x 7/8 in.
b, 2 12/16in. x 1in. x 1in.