Object Record

Object Name Plaque
Catalog Number 2012.013.001.a,b
Description "a"- Plaque from the City of Alton Park (before it was annexed into the City of Chattanooga in the late 1920s (between 1926-1929)).
The plaque has a 3" wood frame that is about .50" thick. The frame has a red velvet mat (2.50" on each side of the plaque, 2.75" above the plaque, 3.50" below the plaque).
The bronze plaque has a black, engraved line, framing the text. The line is about .13" thick and about .25" from the edge of the plaque. It has a .25" bronze screw in each corner. "W.H. Krichbaum" is engraved in black. "Mayor" is engraved in black directly below. "S.O. Kinsey" is engraved in black directly below. "Fire Commissioner" is engraved in black directly below.
A 19.13" x 15" black paper backing is on the back of the plaque. About 8.25" from the left, on the bottom of the backing is a 2" x 1" rectangle of possible adhesive residue. About 6" from the top of the frame is two .25" metal loops with about 18" of twisted wire from which to hang the plaque.
"b"- black, wood plaque holder with two (.63" x .88") bronze hinges.

*Home Location of plaque holder is Box D217.
Date 1923-1926
Dimensions H-17 W-0.5 L-21 inches
Dimension Details "a"- plaque- 21" x 17" x .50"
"b"- plaque holder- 10" tall, each side is measured at 5.50" in width and it extends to 9"
Accession number 2012.013