|Object Name||Pattern, Casting|
This red and black painted wooden mold was used in the Ross-Meehan Foundry, established 1889. The mold has 3 different sections of letters and numbers, one on the left is just a capital "R", the bottom center reads RW-110 and on the right it reads TENN PRODUCTS RW110. This indicates that it was likely used for Tennessee Products Corporation parts.
Tennessee Products was in several towns and counties, and basically owned the towns - the mines, the houses where their miners lived, the stores in which the workers shopped, the newspapers they read and even the cemeteries where they were buried. In 1926, the Bon Air Coal and Iron Corporation merged with the Chattanooga Coke and Gas Company and the J.J. Gray Foundry of Maury County and became the Tennessee Products Corporation.
A publicly traded Tennessee Products Corporation, the company sold timber, coal, coke, natural gas, wood alcohol, charcoal and many other byproducts of coal to companies such as DuPont, Eastman Chemical, Bethlehem Steel, and many others. At the company's peak, it owned more than 100,000 acres and it was one of the largest employers in Tennessee in the late 1920s and 1930s. The company began declined rapidly beginning in the late 1930s. Source: The Tennessee Magazine.
|Dimensions||H-13 Dia-11.5 inches|